Our 'what's on' calendar is the place to find out about cultural, heritage and historical events happening across the greater Brisbane area. You can view events by 'list' or calendar by 'month' view. 'List' view offers a snapshot of what events are coming up. Please use the 'month' view to look into the future.
BLHN list events on behalf of member organisations and recommend you contact the organiser to confirm details.
‘Exploration: Sea, Sky and Land’ – Legacies of exploration in Queensland
August 31 - August 31 | 9:00am - 1:00pm| $25 – $30
The Royal Historical Society of Queensland – Annual Conference 2019
- Dr Denver Beanland Connections in charting the Great Barrier Reef, 1770-1850
- Stephen Sheaffe Captain Samuel Ashmore, navigator and marine surveyor
- Bill Kitson With Great Zeal: Charting the Qld Coast 1860-1913
- Ian Jempson The Mystery of John Oxley’s Field Books – solved
- Dr Ray Kerkhove The Casual Explorer: unknown and lesser-known expeditions of South-East Queensland
- Professor John Pearn Exploring the Heavens: Historical vignettes from Queensland
Includes morning tea.