Institutional Membership Application
Brisbane’s Living Heritage Network (BLHN) welcomes your application for Institutional Membership. Please review the guidelines for Institutional Membership, detailed below, before applying for membership. Note that all applications will be forwarded to the BLHN Board of Directors for approval before membership is granted.
Institutional Members must
- Be based in the Brisbane City Council area,
- Be a cultural and heritage related institution with similar objects to those of the Company, and
- Be a not-for-profit organisation that offers the public an experience which is intrinsically linked to Brisbane’s history and/or heritage, (e.g. exhibitions; interpretive facilities or a guided or self-guided tour).
- Provide copies of Supporting Documents which identify the objectives and status of your organisation. These can include a copy of your constitution or other defining documents.
and must have:
- An admission policy for the public that could mean free of charge, by paid entry, by an entry fee to special exhibits, guided tours or by charging for group bookings
- An organisational structure capable of managing the opportunities generated by Membership of the Company including committed opening hours.
- Listing in The Heritage Guide
- Receive the monthly BLHN e-bulletin (to the email address provided).
- A supply of Guidebooks to distribute to visitors.
- Listing on the BLHN website with links to your site (upon provision of content required for such a listing).
- Your events listed on the BLHN online events calendar (by submitting your events through the online submission form for approval by BLHN).
- Invitations to networking seminars, workshops and functions.
- Being connected to an industry network of museums, galleries and heritage places across the greater Brisbane region.
Institutional Members hold one vote per institution, regardless of size, and their representative can be voted onto the Board.