How to submit an event to the ‘what’s on’ calendar
Organisational members are entitled to submit special event listings to be promoted on the Brisbane’s Living Heritage Network’s ‘what’s on’ calendar.
If you are unfamiliar with how to use online event submission forms, please read below instructions on how to use the ‘what’s on’ calendar.
Summary of key instruction points:
- Important points to note before submitting your event
- Preparing your content
- Submitting your details into the online form
- Approval phase.
Important points to note before submitting your event
Proof-read your event listings before hitting the submit button! You cannot edit it after you have submitted it! Any events that are poorly written will not be approved.
Don’t leave your event submission to the last minute. It takes us time to review and approve your listing. And the point of listing your events on our ‘what’s on’ calendar is to promote your events to the most amount of people possible.
Please don’t ‘hog’ the ‘what’s on’ calendar! Sharing is caring. We will preference special events that occur for a limited time. BLHN has a large membership and needs to share the promotional space fairly amongst its membership.
Preparing your content
- Plan your event promotion and what details you need to promote your event. Ensure that your venue, date, contact information details etc… are at your fingertips.
- Create an exciting title that is snappy and attention grabbing! Please keep event titles short and interesting. Long titles look awkward on the ‘what’s on’ calendar.
- Prepare a promotional image for your event listing. Source an awesome picture that sums up your event. Ensure that you have marketing approval to use this image publicly. Please tidy and resize your image before uploading into our website. Your image needs to be in a JPEG file format, be nicely cropped, and scaled to be a maximum of 600 pixels wide to fit on the ‘what’s on’ calendar. Please keep images to a file reasonable size to ensure fast loading onto viewers screens, to not slow down our website and to maximise the appearance of your event listing.
Submitting your details into the online form
- Enter your details into our online event submission form. Click here to access the online submission form. Follow the prompts and enter data into the relevant fields. Please take your time to ensure that all your event details are accurate and complete. Be sure to select an ‘Event Category’ as this helps link similar typed events. As a BLHN Member you can select the ‘BLHN Member Public Program’ category.
- Upload your resized image into your event listing.
- Proof read your listing. Are your event details correct? Check that your event title, description, website, contact details are all correct.
- Yay! you are ready to submit your event. Once you are sure your listing is at its best and will wow potential puters, hit the ‘submit’ button.
- Approval phase. After your event has been submitted, an email will be sent to the BLHN Coordinator and Administrator for approval of your event listing. Once the BLHN Coordinator and Administrator is satisfied with your event, made any minor edits to your listing, your event will be approved and published on the ‘what’s on’ calendar.
- What if something went wrong? If something went wrong, please contact the BLHN Coordinator and Administrator during BLHN office open days (currently Monday to Thursday) for support. If the BLHN Coordinator and Administrator is required to edit your event, you will need to email the details through to email@example.com and it will take longer for your event listing going live!