We are the heart of Brisbane’s cultural heritage and social history. Brisbane’s Living Heritage Network is a membership-based organisation promoting more than 80 heritage places and museums dedicated to sharing Brisbane’s story.
There are all kinds of stories to be discovered in our members sites, locate members on the Places to Visit web-page or in The Heritage Guide. You will find our members’ enthusiasm infectious and their knowledge extensive.
Statement of purpose
BLHN is an alliance of organisations actively working for the growth and sustainability of its members and the history and heritage of greater Brisbane.
Inspiring our residents and visitors to value, enjoy and share our rich heritage and unique stories.
Established in 2001, BLHN was formed out of a Brisbane City Council initiative. The initial spark of an idea was to connect Brisbane’s small museums and heritage places within a larger network to help them with promotion and raise awareness of their valuable work. It was decided that this network or alliance would be based on approved membership to BLHN.
Board of Directors
- Chair, John Wright, MacArthur Museum Brisbane
- Deputy Chair, Jennifer Garcia, Newstead House
- Secretary, Georgia Grier, Queensland Police Museum
- Treasurer, Beverley Smith, Army Museum South Queensland
- Jennifer Steadman, Queensland Women’s Historical Association – Miegunyah House Museum
- Glenda Sheaffe, The Royal Historical Society of Queensland – Commissariat Store Museum
- Madeleine Johns, Museum of Brisbane
- Kirsten Murray, Supreme Court Library Queensland
Special Advisers to Board of Directors
- Deannah Vieth, Training and Professional Development Manager, Museums and Galleries Queensland
Administrator & Coordinator
- Michele Pickering
Brisbane’s Living Heritage Network is proudly supported by Brisbane City Council.